Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Time To Rhyme - 9 Short Poems of Frustration





Making Haste

Wake up first thing in the morning,
and roll over the chair.
No time to use the washroom,
or even brush your hair.

I know that it's consuming,
otherwise you wouldn't dare.
And that you are addicted,
of that, I'm now also aware.


Weren't


I had to wash you off me.

I didn't want to,
but felt so dirty.


I had to go home early.

It may have sucked,
but now you're free.


I had to wade through your debris.

Now I feel used,
confused and nasty.


I had to just agree,

That you and me
weren't meant to be.




Waiting


I've been spending all my time,

alone,
so sad,
and waiting.


I thought you'd be more eager now,

but still,
you're hesitating.


This decision that I have to make,

may not,
need more debating.


Could live without,

this constant doubt,
it really is degrading.




Untitled


I do,

I don't,
deserve this.


Want to,

but can't,
reverse this.


I tried,

failed to,
preserve this.


False love,

is what,
my curse is.




Untitled


Hooded man,

mystery writer.
Never want to try,
don't need to be a fighter.
Now you're rid of me,
and I hope your load is lighter.
You have more time,
to flirt and rhyme,
no more me to endure.




Undesired Inspiration


So you write when you're not happy,

but I've heard no words at all.
Now I contemplate 
past sweet things said,
and still wait for a call.


Those true intentions

never shown,


could not perceive,

your cover blown,


if not for chance,

I'd never known,


I guess it's better,

being alone.




Untitled


You said I was the best,

that you have ever had.


You said we were forever,

but turned out to be a fad.


You said that you would love me,

through the good times and the bad.


You said you'd make me happy,

how can't you hurt
with me so sad?




Darts


Crushed under your foot-



MY HEART!



It aches with us so far apart.



The end has come,

before the start.


Into my trust,

you thrust,
your dart.




Do You? Could You? Will You?


Do you even realize,

how much 
I gave up for us?


Could you even

begin to know,
how much 
you've crushed
my trust?


Will you

move on
to someone else,
and share 
with them
new lust?


Don't you see,

that you've scarred me?
I'm hoping that you must.



Clipped from - http://brandonfan.hubpages.com/hub/Time-To-Rhyme-9-Short-Poems-Of-Frustration









No comments:

Post a Comment